Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012, What a Year!

Happy New Year!


2012 was an eventful year for us, to say the least. Here's a few highlights from 
the past year that stick out in my head... I threw numerous baby showers and 
welcomed my super cute nephew and lots of other sweet babies into this world, 
finally got pregnant, helped with our 10 year class reunion, my parents bought a 
condo in Perdido Key, hired help at work, my best friend Jenna got engaged and 
we stayed at the Floridian, an incredible resort in Disney World because my 
hubby is awesome at what he does. Our low point of 2012 was when Mick's dad 
passed away, but just two weeks later we welcomed our most precious gift into 
this world... so 2012 wasn't so good, but it definetley wasn't so bad either. 

We celebrated the new year by taking our little one out to dinner with us and 
then coming home and getting him to bed! I bathed him, fed him and he was out by 
10pm so Mick and I had our New Years kiss on Eastern time with all those folks 
in NYC and I headed to bed. Needless to say, I didnt make it until our midnight. 
I feel like a new woman today though. C slept until 5am today so I got 6 hours 
of uninteruppted sleep for the first time since he was born, which was so 
incredibly awesome! Ah, the little things... HAPPY New Year to ME! 

I havent even thought about a New Years resoultion, but the first thing that 
pops up in my mind is to try to be the best momma and wife I can be, which is 
first and far most important. The rest will fall into place hopefully.. Oh, and 
to get rid of these last couple pounds of baby weight! (which hasnt been near as 
hard as I thought it would be, all thanks to breast feeding because I'm surely 
not watching what I eat) 

Caden made a to do list for this next year... Hopefully I'll help him accomplish 
what he wants to do in 2013 ;) 
1) Remind my mom to read to me a little bit every day
2) Give mom some time to blog so she can write about my milestones every month 
3) Smile pretty for the millions of pictures she is going to take this year 
4) Hopefully mom will get better about making photo books & prints made so I can 
look back on them when I'm older        
5) I want to get dedicated at our church
6) Spend time letting my great grand parents rock me 
7) Spend lots of time making memories at nana & pop's beach house
8) To go on a vacation with mom and dad 
9) Go with mom to open my savings account and put my money in it 
10) Grow and learn, but not too fast. :) 

I hope this next year brings us lots a fun memories with our little one and I 
hope you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013! 

-Linz 

No comments:

Post a Comment