Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gonna try this out... the "About Me" post

Ok, so I've decided to try out this whole 'blogging' thing! Over the past year or so, Ive created about 2-3 different blogs all with different catchy names, hoping that I would be so excited about one of them that it would would make me sit down and write every now and then! After all those hours I spent playing with words, backgrounds, headers, etc... I came back to the original blog I made in the beginning..."Sugar, Spice & Everyday Life". I think this title will be able to sum it all up. Since I'm not planning on writing about anything in particular, I figured this title will be able to cover it all. Sugar = the sweet things in life, Spice = the not-so sweet things and just plain ole' Everyday Life.... yep, that title will work just fine! ;)

Just in case some people come across my blog and don't know me all that well, Ill give you a quick little intro to ME...so, here we go: My name is Lindsey Jeffcoat. I'm a 28 year old, wife, daughter, sister, momma-to-be (which Im SO beyond excited about, of which I'll elaborate later), daughter-in-law, friend, hard-workin', craft-makin', always busy doing somethin' kinda girl!

Me and my hunk-of-a-husband got married on April 17th 2010 and boy, was that year crazy.  I'll start here to give ya a little background on us... We met in 2007 through mutual friends and how cheesy is this.. we first talked by sending messages to each other on MySpace! haha! We dated for about 2 years and then he popped the big question, which was a total surprise! Best moment of my life... I balled like a little baby. :)

We were engaged for 13 months and I'm pretty sure that was the most stressful 13 months Ive ever dealt with, and it wasn't all wedding planning. Long story short... he was in mortgages when the economy tanked (which meant $$$ to $) and we lived off of my awesome salary as a Marketing Rep... can you sense the sarcasm? THEN, I got laid off on March 31st and literally interviewed for another job the morning of my bridal luncheon and our rehearsal dinner. Our wedding finally came (which was FAB, by the way thanks to my parents who are the BOMB) and while we were honeymooning in the Smokey Mountains, Mick got the call to interview/apply for a new company! The month after we got home, we decided to buy a house and let his house go after talking to our financial whiz family and friends. So here we are...two brand new jobs, owning three houses and figuring out this whole 'newlywed' thing... which by the way, is super easy compared to the year we just went through! Holy crap... 2010, we are SO grateful you came but we were glad to see you go! 2011 was MUCH better (only a few bumps and bruises) and 2012 has been so super awesome.

We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary, but no vacation for us.. we got a new washer & dryer (which brought as much happiness to me as a vacay would have). We've decided that we have plenty of time to travel, so our first couple years of marriage we were going to buy the things we want to make our home-life a little piece of paradise and save as much money as we possibly could. Vacations are awesome, don't get me wrong.. I LOVE to travel, but they come and then they go, and then you come home. And now, I love coming home. We love home. Sometimes we run the roads so much, we just want to stay home. Both of our families are home. Our kids (aka puppies) are home. We both, honestly, love our little home. And the past 6+ months or so, we have tried to spend as much time, at home, with families as possible... because you just never know when the last vacation with them will be, or the last time you will see them look the same, or the last time you will have them there for a holiday. It sounds cliche, but it's true... and that's another post for another day.

I wasn't going to go into all that this first post, but writing all this out is sort-of like therapy of some sort. Feels good just to type it all out and re-read it! And now that I've re-read my first post, it's a little depressing. haha! The next ones won't be, i PROMISE! I've got lots of fun, exciting news to write about so stay tuned.. if ya want! ;)  love you peeps!

Here's a couple pics from our past, to our present:

Bama vs FSU 2007 
Me, My Sis & Hubby's 2008 
We're Engaged! 2009




4-17-10 Wedding Day! 

Honeymooning
SanDestin 2011
Our sweet babies, Cobi (Lab) & Max (Weenie Dog) 

1 comment: